Friday, October 10, 2008

family weekend

friday finally came and my family is here for the weekend. my mom, dad, and little sister all came to visit. my little sister carly is twelve and shes staying with me tonight and all day tomorrow. tonight they came after my last class at 3. we went out to eat at the diner and then to some physics is phun thing because we thought it would be fun. it was interesting but it was more like a physics lecture than a "fun" thing to do. i was just glad my parents could finally see how hard my classes are so now maybe theyll understand why i dont get straight a's anymore. i doubt it. my parents decided they were tired after the show even though it was only seven but they had drove four hours to come down here so they went back to the hotel. carly and i went back to my room and i blew up the blowup bed in my room for her to sleep on tonight and we caught the end of the phillies game. booo the dodgers need to step it up. they cant swept! what is this?! now were watching the boston v rays game. lets goooo rays! i hope they win it all. obviously baseball is big in my family. now were heading to the terp zone to play some pool and maybe go bowling. theres not much else to do with a twelve year old at college park. the bars are out, fe is out, the frats are out, along with any other drinking location. its kind of sad thats all we do. i never really thought of it that way. the rest of the weekend is pretty jam packed though. were having lunch on mckeldin mall tomorrow, which im guessing is going to be about when we wake up in the morning. then i have two club softball games. then my parents want to take me out to dinner - finally i get the chance to eat some real food! then my mom decided she wants to go to that circus thing on campus tomorrow night with our family friends whose son goes here so i guess im stuck going to that. im hoping tomorrow night i atleast get a chance to go out with my friends when i come home from that.sunday were going to brunch at adels then watching the girls soccer game. my sister is obsessed with soccer and wants to play in college so shes really excited to see the game. after that i think theyre going to head home and i wont see them until thanksgiving. oh well. im perfectly content with staying in college park for the rest of my life. 

No comments: