Thursday, September 18, 2008

thursdayyyy

ugh its thursday night and theres nothing to do. boo. no more frat parties because its rush week. too young to go to the bars. most clubs are only on the weekends. im stuck home doing homework. ewww. atleast my whole floor is stuck home with me haha. so today was actually quite entertaining. went through my classes, the usual blah blah. then went to the first look fair - and signed up for like six clubs that i will probably never show up to. i joined the make a wish foundation which i actually do want to do, and i joined hillel so ill have somewhere to go on the holidays - except now theyre trying to recruit me to do community service in third world countries over my spring break - great - just what i wanted to do over spring break. then i joined some random political organizations for no apparent reason. and i joined the ultimate terp club? or something along those lines. i dont even know. it sounded fun. something with sports and terps, sounds good to me. finally a half hour and eight clubs later, we left and went back to my dorm where i did my evil math homework for two hours before heading off to softball which is about a mile away from my dorm. there was over thirty girls there. it was ridiculous. fifty five girls signed up at the first look fair in addition to the thirty that already previously signed up. this is so ridiculous theres no way eighty girls can play. they said there were going to try to make two teams but thats even way too many for two teams. they said alot of girls will probably stop showing up in a week or two which im hoping or no one will get a chance to play. anyway after practice i get back to my dorm to check my email and i have this message congratulating me on becoming a building senator? i look at it and im like oh my god what did i do. i meant to be a floor representative. my RA told me i had to sign up online so i just filled out the form and didnt pay attention to anything and it put me down as volunteering to be a senator. i figured no one would vote for me since i didnt campaign or do anything i was supposed to and i dont even know that many people in my building aside from everyone on my floor. but nooooo of course apparently alot of people voted for me and i won! so now im stuck doing this job which i just found out now is apparently alot of work and i represent my building and do more work than the president. great. cant wait. this should be pretty entertaining since i have no idea what im doing, i have no plans of going into politics, and i have no experience in student government. awesome. and to top it all off - all my friends think its hysterical and keep obnoxiously congradulating me about it..super.

No comments: