Saturday, September 13, 2008

home sweet home

okay so this weekend i went home for my friend pat's funeral..friday it took me 6 hours to get home ughh..took the bus from dc to nyc then had to drive another half hour home..i didnt get home until 12 and i fell right asleep..i read a whole book on the bus because i was so bored..i read tuesdays with morrie because i had to for my univ class..it was actually a really good book..its about a teacher who has ALS..one of my coaches from high school recently died from ALS so i really connected with the book because i knew EXACTLY what the author was going through..not like i didnt have enough sadness in my weekend already..this morning was the funeral(i posted about what happened in an earlier blog)..this might have been one of the hardest things i have ever had to do..sad is an understatement..it was horrifying, depressing, scary, and emotional..pat's best friend dennis was one of the people carrying the coffin..i couldnt even imagine how he must have felt..i cant imagine losing my best friend..one of my best friends broke down in tears..she used to date pat and they were still really close until the day he died..she was a rec today..i felt so bad..you cant console a person in mourning like that..luckily there were 4 of us at the funeral together so we all had each other..i was upset that i was seeing my best friends from high school for the first time since we left for college in such a horrible circumstance..i would much rather have waited the extra 2 months and greeted them happily at thanksgiving..my best friends and i were supposed to go out to lunch after the funeral but everyone was so upset they just went home and sulked..i need to get out of the house so i drove for the first time in two weeks..i almost forgot how to drive..i miss driving though - its so relaxing..i drove to my work..i work at a salon..and i love it..its the best job ever..everyone there was so happy and pleased to see me they really cheered me up..the salon is such a positive, fun atmosphere, and it was nice hanging out there without actually having to do work..after that i went over to my best friends house - he was home for the day..he moved to new york city after high school because he's wrestling at hunter college..it was nice to finally see him since i hadnt seen him in two weeks..i also convinced him to come visit maryland because he really wants to see a college football game..so naturally i was like "OBVIOUSLY MARYLAND IS WHERE YOU WANT TO GO FOR THAT!" so hopefully hes coming some time in october..then my aunt and uncle and grandma came over for dinner as a "surprise" no thanks to my mom..it was also nice to see them..and now im heading out to go out with my best friends from high school..even though i cant wait to get back to maryland..i miss cp so much even though ive only been gone for a day! im anxious to get back tomorrow!

No comments: